At Lifestance Health, our goal is to help you overcome hardships and make sense of traumatic life experiences, such as violence, combat, natural disaster, or childhood sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse or neglect. With therapy, you can rebuild your strength to tackle future challenges.
Symptoms of trauma can include:
- Intrusive thoughts
- Avoiding reminders of the event, including sights, situations, sounds, and locations
Negative Mood and Cognition Symptoms
- Habit or behavior changes since the traumatic event
- Forgetting details surrounding the event
- Lack of pleasure in activities that were once enjoyable
- Sleep Disturbances
- Reckless, aggressive behavior, such as self-harm
Sometimes with the support from loved ones and the passing of time, trauma symptoms can ease. However, deep emotional pain, confusion, fear, or post-traumatic stress can continue long after the event for many. Our team at Lifestance Health offers the crucial support, assistance, and guidance necessary for moving forward and healing from trauma.
Over time, therapy for trauma and abuse can help you:
- Reclaim your personal identity
- Relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Overcome disturbing, painful memories
- Design a path to a new future with a happier you
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a research-based treatment originally designed for those with PTSD. EMDR is also useful for difficult memories that are less traumatic. Therapists use this technique to help individuals resolve disturbing or painful memories.
During treatment, the therapist will induce bilateral stimulation in the client by having the client move his or her eyes side to side continually for a period of time. This helps activate neurological healing processes, which can aid the client in processing a number of traumatic and difficult thoughts and feelings.
If you’re experiencing or have experienced any of the following, this technique can help:
- Childhood physical, sexual, or emotional abuse
- Obsessive/compulsive behaviors (OCD)
- Negative self-talk
- Substance abuse
Our licensed professionals at Lifestance Health offer a chance to heal. We accept many insurance plans. Contact us to make an appointment for one of our convenient daytime, evening or weekend hours.